Monday, August 27, 2007

Sympathy Messages for the grieving


Well, my friends encouraged me to write this letter to you.
I'm humbled by the thought of being the go-to gal for something so important to people, as dealing with a death,
and helping a loved one or acquaintance through.

But I have been through many deaths in my life and have rather naturally stood in a 'caretaker' role for the grieving.
That has been true with the children in the family, and even for those older than me, since I was a child.

So I've agreed to share my experiences with you, and to try to describe what words and gestures really help.
And which efforts like phone calls and gifts, have helped loved ones, colleagues, and friends so much with a loss.

I don't want this to be depressing. If you're reading this you're probably grieving right now anyway, or care about someone who is. So I won't go into all the sad details of the many deaths I've been through in my life, but I will tell you enough to show how you come out the other side. Okay? : )


Suggested reading from Lucie Storrs of

The Light Beyond

If There's anything I can do

No comments: